Trade unions in China are mass organizations formed by the working class of their own free will under the leadership of Chinese Communist Party, bridges and links between the Party and the working people, and an important social pillar of the state, and they are the representatives of the interests of its members.
The basic function of trade unions is to protect the legal rights of its members and to serve the interests of the working people.
Article 1All laborers doing physical or mental work in enterprises, public institutions, government organs and other social organizations within Chinese territory who earn their living primarily from wages or who establish labor relationship with their employers shall have the right to participate in trade unions, regardless of their nationalities, races, sexes, occupations, religious beliefs or educations and shall acknowledge the content of trade union law。
Article 2 Any employee, to join trade unions, shall file an application voluntarily and be approved by the basic committee of the unionand then be awarded a membership card。
Article 3The union members enjoy the following rights:
1) The right to elect and be elected, and the right to vote;
2) The right to oversee the trade union, to put forward opinions and suggestions, and to replace or dismiss incompetent the union staffs;
3) The right to criticize and advise on the issue of the state, society and the company, and to require the union to pass on their opinions to related government agencies;
4) The right to seek protection from the union if their legal rights are infringed;
5) The right to enjoy the cultural, educational, sports, tourist, recreational, legal and employment services, as well as life support and other helps and protections; and the right to be rewarded in various forms;
6) The right to participate in the discussion of union affairs and issues of common concern in the union meetings and media。
Article 4The obligations of union members include:
1) To seriously learn and implement Xi Jinping thoughts on socialism with Chinese characteristics of the new era, grasp the basic knowledge of politics, economics, culture, law, science, technology and the trade union;
2) To participate the democratic management of the organization, fulfill production and other tasks, and to make great contributions in their own functions;
3) To abide by the constitution and laws, practice the core values of socialism, carry on the traditional virtuous ethics, adhere to social orders, work ethics, family morals, individual virtues, and comply with the work disciplines;
4) To handle well the relationship between the state, collective and individual, and fight against acts that harm the national and social interests;
5) To maintain the unity of working people and trade unions, carry on the friendship between classes and facilitate mutual help and assistance;
6) To abide by the union law, implement the union decisions, participate in the union activities, and to pay their monthly fees.
Article 5The membership changes according to the changed work relations and shall be transferred based on the information of their membership card and certificate.
Article 6 The member shall enjoy the freedom of quitting the membership。 Any member to quit the organization shall submit an application to the union committee, and shall be declared the termination of his membership by the committee and his membership card shall thereby be returned。
Any member who does not pay his fees in six months consecutively without due causes, does not participate in the organization activities, and does not change his improper behavior after being reminded and criticized shall be considered as giving up this membership。
Article 7Any member who does not implement the union decisions and violates the union law shall be reprimanded. Those who violate the laws and commit crimes and are criminally punished shall be expelled. The decision of expulsion shall be made in the union group meeting and be submitted to the union committee for approval, and shall be filed for registration at a higher level union.
Article 8Any member who retires or is unemployed can retain the membership. The membership fees are exemptible during this retentionperiod.